I made this dinner a few nights ago and I can’t remember ever hearing the word “thank you this was awesome!” so many times at my dinner table! The lemon juice and garlic really made the flavors burst. The meal was simple, but looked very complex and tasted DEVINE! If you need to add more carbohydrates to this meal, try serving with a baked sweet potato, brown rice, or quinoa.
Please share your feedbadack!
Easy, full flavored, low carb dinner
White fish (tilapia, catfish, bass)
2 Tbsp butter (yes, the real stuff!)
Red onion sliced
1 packaged mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 zucchini sliced
1 yellow squash sliced
¼ cup feta cheese
Cracked black pepper
Low Sodium Cajun Seasoning
Baking dish to bake fish
Large sauté pan for onions and mushrooms
Small sauté pan for zucchini and squash
- Place oven on broil
- In large sauté pan, melt 1 Tbsp butter; add onions, garlic, and mushrooms and the juice from 1 lemon. Season with black pepper and Cajun seasoning. Cook over low heat.
- While the onions and mushrooms are cooking, in your small sauté pan heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and squash. Season with black pepper and 1 tsp sea salt. Add ¼ cup feta cheese. Cook over low heat.
- Place fish in a baking dish. Squeeze juice from one lemon over fish. Add 1 Tbsp butter to fish – spread over fish evenly. Season fish with 1 – 2 tsp cayenne pepper, cajun seasoning (to taste), black pepper (to taste)
- Broil fish for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Top fish with onion and mushroom mixture. Serve with zucchini and squash. The flavors from this dish are Devine!