5 Reasons to take the Alcohol-Free for Forty Challenge
- Feel better– The effects of alcohol span throughout the entire body, including the brain, heart, and liver. During the challenge, you’ll experience less bloating, healthier-looking skin, better hydration, less inflammation, and most importantly, no hangovers!
- Mental Clarity– The consequences of alcohol on the brain are no joke. Throughout the challenge, you may start to notice more restful sleep, stress relief, improved mood, and a clear mind.
- Save money– The cost of alcohol can add up over time. You might notice a happier bank account during the challenge. Check out this online tool by Finder.com that calculates your “liquidity” to determine your true savings (www.finder.com/sobriety-savings).
- Weight loss– Alcohol contributes to tons of extra empty calories. One of the benefits participants have seen in the past is significant body fat loss.
- Develop healthier habits– Many participants report sustained changes in their drinking habits after participating. Sign up to have your baseline and post-challenge metrics measured to see the benefits of the challenge come to life!
Mocktail Recipe Spotlight: Virgin Moscow Mule
- 3-4 mint leaves, muddled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Swerve sweetener
- 2 ounces Zevia Ginger Beer
- 4 ounces club soda
- Lime wedge
In a copper mug (preferred) or rocks glass, muddle mint in lime juice. Add Swerve and stir. Add ice cubes and Zevia ginger beer. Top with club soda and drop a lime wedge into the mug for garnish. Makes 1 serving.
“My husband and I are both still 100% alcohol-free! We feel great, inflammation down, 4- 6 pounds lost for each of us. Quality of sleep is so much better that we are sleeping 8 to 8.5 hours.”
“Love this challenge, and didn’t think I could do it, so I told family I was going to try. The changes are so welcome, it isn’t hard to abstain. Mocktails are great fun, and adding mint just gives them a wonderful kick. Blood pressure has improved, and l’ve lost nine pounds thus far, after a year going up and down 2-3 pounds. Good program and I’m looking forward to final check in.”
“My arthritis has improved as a side benefit of giving up alcohol for the challenge, my hands feel so much better.”
Ready to commit to better health?
Click here to have your pre- and post-metrics assessed in the Lafayette area.
You can also join the Facebook group by clicking here.